1/2/07

January Pitch Contest

January Pitch Contest is closed. Check back later for another contest.


Send me your pitch for an LDS novel. The pitch is the part of your query letter that lets me know what your book is about, who the characters are, the situations they're facing, the hook that would get me to read it. I will post more about what makes a good pitch during this month.

Rules for the contest:
  • The pitch should be for your original unpublished novel (as in, not something you've heard about; not something your friend is working on, not something that's already published).
  • Do not send a pitch for a work that has been entered or queried in a previous contest on this blog.
  • The novel does not have to be finished to pitch it in this contest because you won't be submitting it to me.
  • No limit on word count, but keep in mind that most good pitches are shorter rather than longer.
  • You may pitch as many novels as you like but send a separate e-mail for each one.
  • You may send your pitch(es) at any time during the month of January. E-mail must be dated no later than January 31, 2007.
  • I will not post submissions as they arrive, but will save them up and post them during the first week of February--with my comments.
  • Should a miracle happen and I become deluged with pitches, I will post the first 100 pitches that I receive.
  • Everyone who enters the contest wins the prize. The prize is: my commentary on your pitch. I will tell you if your pitch would be successful with me, and why or why not.

No comments: