10/30/06

Writing Prompt Calendar

After reading a comment from FHL, I've googled everything I can think of to find a page-a-day writing prompt calendar. I've come up empty handed. Hmmm...maybe I should publish one.

Let me know if anyone finds one. E-mail the URL address to me and I'll post it for everyone.


UPDATE TO THIS POST:
I was talking to a colleague about this. We both think it's an incredibly good idea. So FHL, and others, if someone were to create a writing prompt calendar with a prompt a day, which format would you prefer:

1. Traditional hang on the wall, month at a glance calendar, with a new prompt in each square. (There would be no room for writing appointments.)

2. A table top one day at a time calendar, like the vocabulary building ones (click on the "click for other item views" link under the image; then click on "Back Cover Image")

3. A day planner type bound calendar, with a writing prompt at the top instead of a quote.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One day at a time, dear LdSP. That's the perfect calendar format for the way I write--one day at a time.
:)

W.L.Elliott said...

My sister gave me a great "thought a day" as a gift once - several sayings on different color paper, cut into strips and put in a jar. The lid was decorated, and the jar was clear, so all the vibrant colors showed through. It was great, I loved opening it every day to something positive. What a great gift for a writer - to do something like that only as a daily prompt! Then, heaven forbid, you didn't get a chance to write that day - your prompt would be patiently waiting for you the next time you opened the jar.