12/28/10

2010 Christmas Story Contest Winners

Thank you to everyone who submitted a story and to those who read them and commented and voted. We had 42 stories submitted this time. I think that's a record!

I will make comments on each of these stories during the week, giving you my opinion on what was done well and what needed a little more polish. If you're not a winner and you'd like to take credit for your story, you may do so in the comments section.

Drum roll, please. . .


Readers Choice Published Author Category: With Wondering Awe by Jennifer Carson Shelton



Publisher's Choice Published Author Category: Slushballs by Janice Sperry



Readers Choice Unpublished Author Category: A Soldier's Story by Amie Borst



Publisher's Choice Unpublished Author Category: Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh by Wendy Elliott




Remember, these four winners are guaranteed a spot in a future Christmas book. Others will be included, as well. I will notify all those whose stories will be included in the book via e-mail by the end of the month.

12 comments:

Melanie Goldmund said...

Congratulations, Jennifer, Janice, Amie, and Wendy!

~T~ said...

I enjoyed reading all the stories. Congratulations to the winners!

Amie Borst said...

I'm so excited! Congratulations to all the other winners! Thank you everyone for your kind words and votes!

There were many wonderful stories and I can't wait to see which ones will be included! I think everyone deserves to win!

Angie said...

Congrats to all the winners! Great stories.

C. Michelle Jefferies said...

Congratulations to all of the winners! Especially to Aime and Wendy, my friends. Whoohoo!

Stephanie Black said...

Congratulations to the winners! That's awesome.

Jennie said...

Congratulations to all of the winners, especially Janice
Sperry. (I may be a little biased there.) I'm sorry I didn't vote or even read most of the entries this year--just too busy and I thought I had until the end of the year to vote.

Janice Sperry said...

Congratulations everyone! And thanks LDS Publisher for doing this contest.

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! And thank you!! You like me - you really like me!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all - by the way!! Good writes!

Anonymous said...

Will you be making your comments on each story in the comments section of their story or in an email you send out?

Anonymous said...

When can we get a gander at your critiques of our submissions?