8/11/06

Stat Counter

Hey LDSP,

Quick question, if you've got a minute. You mentioned the other day that the stats on your blog have gone up since you started talking about LDSBA. How do you access the stats on Blogspot? I've gone through my settings a bazillion times and can't see where to find them for my site.

Thanks,
Stat-less



What does this have to do with writing, you ask? Lots.

Every writer should have a website.

Every website needs a stat counter.

If you don't know what a stat counter is, it's the little box down at the bottom right that at this moment says 904. That is the number of people who have visited this site since I installed the counter in May or June--can't remember when.

Anyway, Blogspot doesn't have stat counters. Or if they do, I don't know where. I got this one at StatCounter.com. I use the freebie, because I'm cheap. Just go to the site and follow the instructions to create one of your own. Then you have to insert it into the template code of your blog or website. I had to mess with it a bit to get it right, but it wasn't too hard. This particular stat counter code gives you a variety of information that I don't know how to interpret. But the part I do understand tells me how many of you hit my site each day, how many pages you looked at while you were there, the average amount of time spent looking at my site and the general area of the world you come from. Kind of cool.

No comments: