2/13/07

Is This a Pitch?

Sally, ostracized from high school because of her appearance, connects with Joe on a level he doesn't understand. Unwilling to leave the "crowd" to discover that connection, Joe seeks to sever any and all ties with Sally, even going so far as to change classes. When Sally begins working at the same grocery store as Joe, his fear makes him desperate to avoid her. But, when the two are thrown together during a robbery, Joe finally discovers the connection and no longer fears Sally or his friends at high school.

Would this be considered a pitch? It's not anything I am writing, but just wanted to try to apply your response to previous pitches.

Yes, this is a pitch. And it's a decent one. I'd like to see a little more about what makes this story unique--different from the other teen love stories out there. Also, I'd like to see a secondary story line hinted at. But if I were in the market for teen romance, yes, I'd ask for a summary (chapter by chapter outline) and partial (first three chapters).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm . . .maybe I should write this story after all.

Anonymous said...

It caught my attention and left me wanting to read more---and I don't even like grocery stores! :)