4/16/07

I Despise Taggers!

Okay, maybe despise is too strong of a word.

I was going to pretend I didn't see the tags over on Six LDS Writers and on Josie Kilpack's blog. (Both of which I read regularly). But then some blabber-mouth mentioned it in the comments trail here. Kind of hard to pretend I don't read my own blog.

So.

1. Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday without the year:
(Thought you could trick me, eh? Josie said I could use the date my publishing company started--as if I can remember that far back. So I'm going with the date I started this blog.)

April 29--voted 364 to 1 as THE most boring day in the history of the world

2. List 3 events that occurred that day:
1429--Joan of Arc arrives to relieve the Siege of Orléans.
1770--James Cook arrives at and names Botany Bay, Australia.
1967--After refusing induction into the US Army the day before (citing religious reasons), Muhammad Ali is stripped of his boxing title.

3. List 2 important birthdays:
1982--Kamran Jawaid, Pakistani film critic and producer
1957--Timothy Treadwell, American bear enthusiast

4. List 1 death:
2002--Lor Tok, Thai comedian and actor

5. List 1 holiday or observance:
Baháí Faith--The ninth day of the Festival of Ridván.

7 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

You are priceless, LDSP. Am I gleaning correctly that you chose the most obscure item on each list to post here?

LDS_Publisher said...

Got it.

Except for Joan of Arc, because I really like her.

And Muhammad Ali because...nope. Not giving Jeff Savage any clues.

Anonymous said...

That'll be Ms. Blabbermouth, please.

Andi Sherwood said...

LDSP, can you explain what a "Tagger" is? I've goggled it and didn't find a satisfactory explanation with what you were talking about.

Thanks!

Andi :)

LDS_Publisher said...

In this reference, tagging is a blog game.

You start with a list of questions, also referred to as a meme (as in, it's all about ME!). You post the questions and answers on your blog. Then you "tag" (as in, tag you're it) other bloggers who you want to answer those questions on their blogs.

The taggers in this case would be Jeff Savage and Josi Kilpack, who both answered these questions and both tagged me, among others.

Tristi Pinkston has a "Friday Feast Meme" on her blog too, but she didn't tag me...and I am deeply crushed.

Oh, wait. No I'm not. I hate tagging.

LDS_Publisher said...

Tristi's Friday Feast Meme post

Josi said...

Love you LDSP :-) Thanks for playing, don't hate me forever, K.