4/9/07

May Contest

I can't deal with the fact that I've disappointed a reader by not running a writing contest--and one of my most frequent readers at that. I had nightmares of her taking revenge upon me all weekend! (Well, not really. But I did think about it once or twice.)

So in addition to the Question contest, here is a contest for May.

In honor of Star Wars Day on May 4th, let's do a fan-fic contest. Submit a 500 word story for consideration. It does not have to be a Star Wars fan fic; pick anything you like. It does not have to be LDS, but it does have to be PG (no swearing, sex or graphic violence).

Deadline for Submission: April 30th.

I will post all submissions during that next week. You can vote for your favorites. Prizes will be awarded to My Fav and Readers Fav. More details later, but this gives you enough to get started on your story.

Oh, and one last thing, ALL STORY SUBMISSIONS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A QUESTION FOR THIS BLOG.

(How's that Melanie? Now we're both happy.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reconsidering the contest -- I love it! Star Wars fanfics used to be my specialty. The only really hard part is going to be thinking up a question for the blog. :-)

Melanie Goldmund

Anonymous said...

I believe Star Wars day is May 4th - May the Fourth be with you.

LDS_Publisher said...

Of course it is, and that's what I meant to type, but somewhere between my brain and my fingers, it got messed up. :)