7/8/09

I'm Not Ignoring You. Promise.

If I sent you the info for my book but it never appeared on LDSF, to what should I attribute that? Will you be offended if I resend?


You should attribute it to the probability that I didn't get it. PLEASE DO resend.

I get a LOT of junk mail at the ldsp hotmail account. So much, in fact, that I'm considering closing down that email and opening a new one. Just haven't gotten around to it.

The first thing I do when I check my email is to weed out the obvious junk mail—you know the ones, where I've won the lottery or someone wants to pay me a million dollars to help them sneak their money into the U.S. If there's a question in my mind, I usually open it, but if you've put something really odd in your subject line, I might have accidentally deleted your email without opening it.

The best way to make sure I know it's a legit email is to think about that subject line. Good ones are:
  • Question for LDSP
  • Book for LDSF
  • Contest for LDSP
  • Author Event (or Book Signing or Workshop or. . .)
  • From an LDS Author
  • Will you review my book
  • or anything else that makes it obvious you're a legit blog reader and not a mail-order-bride from Uzbekistan.

Sorry, Th. Yes, resend.

And about that Christmas Story Contest. Good suggestions everyone. I'm going to update the rules right now.

4 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

So, I guess if I really am a mail-order-bride from Uzbekistan, I'm out of luck, huh?

Th. said...

.

If you "really are" a mail-order bride from Uzbekistan, then you are not fiction and it wouldn't make sense to put you on a fiction site, anyway.

(ps: resubmitted.)

Anonymous said...

Mail Ordering Tricky Pinkston

That's a title with some legs. Someone want to write that novel?

Anonymous said...

Let's try that title one more time:

Tricksy Pinkston and the Amazing Undercover Techno-Spies

I like that novel. I won't be able to put it down. Tricksy, will you write it? With, of course, chasing terrorists half way around the world. Financial collapse. Billions in forged US savings bonds. Murder. Intrigue. Licorice. A Royal Canadian Mounted Police Officer. And, most importantly, a mail order bride dressed up like Barrack Obama.