8/6/09

Ghost Writer Wanted (again)

I'm not sure if you are the right person to contact about my questions but I simply don't know where else to turn. I am wondering how to get a book published by and LDS company. I have a truly amazing story to tell about my life the past few years and my battle with brain cancer, recovery, mission,struggling with drug use, and my journey back. I have started writing but I am not a writer, or at least I don't consider myself one. I'd rather have someone who is a writer possibly write it for me. So I am curious what my options are as far as how to tell my story. Are there LDS ghost writers? I really don't know anything about getting a book published at all. Where is a good place to start? I'm sorry these questions are kinda dumb, but like i said, I really don't know anything about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.


Yes, this is the perfect place to ask your question.

First, understand that this is a very difficult type of story to sell. You have a limited market and unless you're a celebrity, most of the bigger publishers are going to pass. So will the bigger distributors.

You'll probably have to self-publish and do a lot of personal promotion and marketing. I'd recommend going with a POD so that you don't end up with 2,000 books sitting in your garage gathering dust.

However, there are people who ghost write. Check the comments HERE.

Anyone else do ghost writing? Post your contact info in the comments.

1 comment:

Haley Hatch Freeman said...

To the author of question:
I too had an incredible true story to tell. My book is called A Future for Tomorrow. I could probably offer you some great insight with the process. If you want to talk feel free to e-mail me at afuturefortomorrow@gmail.com

LDS Publisher is right about how hard it is to publish true stories. It can be frustrating when you know your story can help others.