5/3/11

Which Book Would You Pick as the 2010 Best General Fiction?

The Whitney Awards will be announced this coming Saturday! I always look forward to their Awards Gala. This year, I'll be wearing the absolute latest in cutting edge fashion!

Cool outfit, huh?

To increase the anticipation, we'll be voting for our own Whitney winners here, starting with the finalists for the General Fiction category. We'll be voting on two categories per day, so check back this afternoon for more.


Band of Sisters Blink of an Eye The Cross Gardener Finding Mercie Lucky Change
Annette Lyon Gregg Luke Jason Wright Blaine Yorgason Susan Law Corpany


In the comments section, state which book you think should win 2010 Best General Fiction and why.

Or, if you have another favorite that didn't make the list, you can go ahead and tell us about it too.

(I'd love it if you'd repeat your comment over on the LDS Fiction post for that book. Just click on the link below the book cover. Your comment will also enter you in the drawing for a free book at the end of May!)

11 comments:

Why Not? Because I Said So! said...

I wish that I can honestly say that there was one clear cut winner, but it is so hard. I read all of these and they all were excellent. I believe, out of all of the Whitney categories this year, this one was the most competitive.Also, I do not remember which one i voted for as 1st place in this category. I should have written it down so i remembered. I like each one for different reasons. Do you like how I am running around giving an answer and not really saying anything? What are you going to be wearing so i will recognize you?

LDS_Publisher said...

Sheila, refer back to the first paragraph of this post and click on the link "cutting edge fashion". I will be wearing the pink one.

Jennie said...

Gregg Luke's Blink of an Eye has the most accurate research, held my attention all of the way through, and has the best fiction arc, so I vote for it. A couple of the others are really close seconds.

Charlie Moore said...

I read Band of Sisters. It was the only one in this category I was able to get to. So, I will vote for ... Band of Sisters. But, good luck to everybody.

Karlene said...

They were all good & it's incredibly hard to pick.

I loved Band of Sisters, even though I'm not big on that type of novel.

I also really liked Lucky Change. Hilarious—and it made me think.

But if I had to pick... Blink of an Eye. I loved the mystery and suspense of the story line.

Donna K. Weaver said...

Nice to have such an excellent list of choices.

About your dress. Ummm ....

Heather Moore said...

I read all of these books. Band of Sisters and The Cross Gardner are definitely emotional journeys.

Emily M. said...

Band of Sisters/Lucky Change. I liked the real characters in Band of Sisters; I was impressed by the way the Lucky Change protagonist felt real, not too-good-to-be-true.

Malibu said...

I thought Band of Sisters was my favorite all around- even if it definitely was not the type of book I would normally pick up. The Cross Gardner was very well written, but I felt Band of Sisters stayed with me longer.

brendajean said...

Would Traci Abramson's Smokescreen work in this category? I love the Saint Squad books. They are well researched and descriptive. The action draws me in and I've learned so much about Navy Seals:) This whole category is a little heavy for my particular taste in reading...

Taffy said...

I only read Finding Mercie in this category and couldn't get past chapter 3. So I guess I won't vote on this one.